We specialize in income tax preparation and planning for individuals and small businesses. We also offer IRS audit representation and payroll return preparation services.
The following is information is for small business owners, self-employed, as well as individuals.
We know that this is a very challenging time for everyone and many of you have questions regarding your financial status. I have received many calls and emails from clients wondering what they can do now that business is slow or stopped all together.
Here are a few of the relief programs I have read about, along with websites to look into for more information.
- Direct payments for up to $1,200 for most individuals and $2,400 for most married couples filing jointly with an extra $500 for each child. More info on IRS.gov
- Unemployment insurance benefits are expanded, increasing the maximum benefit by $600 a week for up to four months. Benefits are available to workers who are part-time and self-employed. More info on Maine DOL site
- There are many other assistance programs now available to individuals and businesses. Check out the websites listed below for more information.
- You should also check the Maine Lobsterman Association website. They have done a wonderful job of simplifying this information.
May 4, 2020
With the daily changes during this epidemic regarding our services with tax preparation and the many questions clients have about the different small business loans currently being offered by the federal government we have worked hard to have open communication over the phone and emails. We want to keep you informed and assist in any way that we can.
Starting this week we have begun seeing clients in the office again. We will be keeping to the six-foot social distancing and masks will be worn if the client prefers. Please call 607-7118 to schedule an appointment. Here is the current schedule…
- Monday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Brunswick location)
- Tuesday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Augusta location)
- Wednesday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Brunswick location)
- Thursday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Augusta location)
- Friday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM ( Brunswick location)
We realize there is still some trepidation when it comes to going out, so if you would still rather mail in or drop off your paperwork please be sure it goes to… 56 Maine Street, Brunswick, ME 04011.
You may also email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder the income tax deadline is now July 15, 2020
Rick and Trish
Enrolled Agents, Here To Help
Our professionals are Enrolled Agents. Enrolled Agents (EA’s) are federally authorized tax practitioners who have demonstrated technical competence in tax law and are the only taxpayer representatives licensed to practice by the United States government.
Through our tax preparation services, we have always been a strong advocate for complete financial planning services. The tax return is usually at the root of many financial planning decisions.
Many of our Small Business clients have expressed interest in getting their books organized and easy to use. Being a Certified QuickBooks Advisor, Mary can help you with the initial set-up, training, consultations and clean up.
We offer comprehensive financial planning for college, retirement, and investments. Our goal is to help clients establish or evaluate their monetary and goals to help them find a means to accomplish them.